Veterans For Peace and the Veterans Challenge Islamophobia campaign are appalled by the Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the Trump Administration’s bigoted and xenophobic #MuslimBan. As veterans, we fought to uphold the ideals in the Constitution - protecting the constitutional right to religious freedom means protecting ALL religions.
We believe in the tenets of religious tolerance and diversity and believe that the decision to allow this unjust and discriminatory Muslim Ban to remain will escalate an already disturbing precedent and open the door to even more blatant discrimination against people based on their race, religion, ethnicity or country of origin.
After this decision it is crucial that we have a visible, strong presence across the country standing in support of all those who are impacted by the Trump administration’s xenophobic, Islamophobic, and white nationalist agenda.
Take Action Now!
- Add your name to this petition to Congress
- Find an event near you and #StandWithMuslims
- Speak out on social media – Use Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to say #NoMuslimBanEver, #VetsSpeakOut and #WeWillNotBeBanned. Make your veteran voice heard and be a part of this very critical conversation.
- Download this Facebook frame for your profile picture.
- Sign the Veterans Challenge Islamophobia Statement
- Stay updated by following us on Facebook and Twitter
Additional Information –
- Muslim Ban 3.0 Supreme Court Decision Fact Sheet
- 'Need To Know' for those impacted by the ban
- How the Trump Administration is Working to Ban Muslims from the United States
- Op-Ed: Supreme Court Says Religious Bias Only Matters If The Targets Are Christian
- The U.S. says it gives waivers for Trump’s travel ban. We haven’t seen any.
- Supreme Court finally condemns 1944 decision that allowed Japanese internment during World War II
Veterans For Peace Chapters and Members - Email email@example.com to let us know how you are participating or to get more information on organizing and events near you.